(The Pre Run Will Be Chip Timed)
- DATE/START TIME: Saturday, September 15th, 2018. The OSAA-sanctioned 5K High School Team Competition will start at 9:45 A.M. at the corner of 4th and Anderson in downtown Coos Bay. Wheelchair runners will start at 9:50 A.M. followed by the 10K run at 10:00 A.M.
- FUN WALK: A fun walk will be held in conjunction with the 10K run. Walkers have their choice of walking the entire 10K route or the shorter 2-mile course. Walkers will start at the rear of the starting pack and follow the same course until reaching the corner of 10th and Central, where the 2-mile walkers take a left turn on 10th toward the stadium (see course map.) Chip times will be provided for the 2-mile fun walk. Race timing devices will be turned off at 11:45 A.M. so we can produce timely and accurate race results. Full course walkers finishing prior to 11:45 A.M. will receive official times.
- ENTRY FEE:
|For participants in the open 10K race and 2-mile fun walk ages 19 and older
||Through September 12th
||September 13th to race day
|For runners 18 and under competing in the 10K or 2-mile fun walk.
|For runners competing in the high school 5K competition, click on the link in the High School Team Competition section for team entry fees.
- REGISTRATION: Applications may be submitted online or mailed to Pre Memorial Run, P.O. Box 1380, Coos Bay, Oregon 97420. On September 14th and September 15th registration will be held at the St. Monica Catholic Church Parish Hall, 357 S. 6th Street, Coos Bay. Hours at St. Monica are 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. on Friday and 8:00 to 9:30 A.M. on race day. No applications will be accepted after 9:30 A.M. on race day.
- HIGH SCHOOL TEAM COMPETITION: For the 29th year, men's and women's team scores will be posted. The high school team competition will be run in compliance with Oregon School Athletic Association rules and will be a 5K race with a separate start time. The top three teams will receive trophies. Entering teams will be entitled to a discounted registration fee. Click here for information about the changes.
- PACKETS: Packets and T-shirts will be available at the St. Monica Parish Hall on September 14th and September 15th at the hours listed above.
- PARKING: Available adjacent to the track at the High School, which is about seven blocks from the starting line. Plenty of parking is also available downtown near the start of the race.
- FINISH: Only registered runners and walkers who have completed the entire race should enter the finish chute. It is mandatory for runners entering the chute to remain there until their tag is pulled by a race official at the end of the chute. A large digital clock at the finish will provide runners with unofficial times. Eclectic Edge Racing will have complete results available on race day.
- T-SHIRTS: An attractive Prefontaine Memorial Run T-shirt is included in the entry fee, and can be picked up with your race packet at the St. Monica Parish Hall on September 14th and September 15th during registration hours.
- AWARDS: The awards ceremony for the high school team competition and for the overall men's and women's 10K winners will be held at 11:30 A.M. on the Prefontaine Track adjacent to the finish line. Divisional awards for the 10K race will be presented at noon. The top three individual placers in the 5K team competition for men and women will receive awards. For the 10K race, awards will be given in five-year age groups with the first three finishers in each division receiving awards.
- COURSE CONTROL: The course will be closed to vehicular traffic during most of the race. Since the race course is a State Highway, the Coos Bay Police will use their discretion as to when the course is reopened to traffic. Participants still on the race course after it has been reopened should move to the sidewalks and beware of traffic on the course.
- WEATHER: September is generally the most beautiful month of the year on the Coast. We have been blessed with superb conditions most years, with mostly sunny skies and temperatures near 65 degrees.